Sunday, January 11, 2015

Stevo's Pizza at Presque Isle - Erie, Pennsylvania

Stevo's Pizza - 35 Peninsula Drive, Erie, PA 16505


As far back as I can remember, I have been a pizza hound. It wasn't until I was in college that I started branching out away from chain restaurants like Pizza Hut and Domino's and started eating more pizza from local joints. When I did, I discovered that local restaurants could make pies just as good or better than the chains could.

Case in point, Stevo's Pizza. In particular, their Presque Isle location. Now, I haven't lived in this area for a long time, but I was introduced to this place almost immediately upon moving here and it struck me as being the absolute best pizza I've ever eaten.

I must reiterate the point that I'm a pizza hound, that I generally eat pizza a minimum of one time a week and sometimes as often as four days out of a week. My favorite topping on a pizza is pepperoni. If they can't get that right, they probably won't get anything else right, either.

When we come here, we love to split a medium (14") pepperoni pizza. We order some of their delicious homemade ranch dressing to go with it because it's just the perfect compliment to such a wonderful pie, and it's always a religious experience for us. There just is not anything better. I would put this pizza up against the best that Brooklyn has to offer.



But wait, there's more. We also love to order their french fries (we prefer getting a single basket to split between the two of us because that is more than enough fries for two people) which come with what seems to be homemade ketchup. If you're in the mood for them, they also have pretty good wings (with normal tossing sauces or even plain). If you're a fan of bread bowls, we recommend their grilled chicken alfredo bread bowl, but they have a few other bread bowls as well.

One of our favorite things to order at this location was the broccoli cheese soup (which also is homemade), however they stopped carrying it at this location, which to us is a shame. They do still have their broccoli cheese soup available at their other location (1019 State Street, Erie, PA 16501) along with a larger selection of foods not available at the Presque Isle location, but that will be another review for another time.

If you have comments about this restaurant, please let us know your thoughts by leaving a comment on this post. If there's a restaurant in your local area (whether or not it is local to us) that you'd like us to check out for a possible review on our blog, let us know by emailing us here.

Until then, we'll catch you on the flip side!

This is Tom Diehl for Diehls On The Road, signing off....

No comments:

Post a Comment