Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Rest In Peace Mike "Bossman" Hardin, Co-Owner of Hodad's in San Diego, California

(Photo credit: NBC San Diego)

Howdy, this is Tom posting here tonight...I learned earlier tonight of the passing of Mike Hardin, co-owner of Hodad's in San Diego, California. He was 56 years old and passed away last week from a heart attack in a hotel room in Oregon, where he was visiting family. I took my first trip out to California a few years ago and fell in love with Hodad's burgers on a trip to Ocean Beach. I've never had a better burger anywhere. Plus I just loved the atmosphere of the restaurant. Their milkshakes were amazing, too. Reportedly the restaurant will keep on going with things staying exactly the same, which is how Mike would've wanted it. 

Hodad's was featured on an episode of Diners, Drive-In's and Dives, which is how I first was introduced to the restaurant and it was this clip that made me want to check it out. It lived up to the expectations I had for the restaurant and then some. Take a look:



Rest in peace, Mike "Bossman" Hardin.


No comments:

Post a Comment